Q. Digital channel specific SWOT created?
A digital channel SWOT summarises your online marketplace analysis findings AND links to strategy. It’s specific to the Internet and digital channels rather than a more general SWOT.
In a large organization, or for a more complete summary, complete a separate SWOT for:
- Customer acquisition and conversion and customer development
- Different brands
- Different markets
- Different competitors – direct and indirect
- Recommend using a TOWS matrix for SWOT since this helps integrate your analysis with your strategy rather than the analysis being placed on the shelf and forgotten.
A Digital Marketing SWOT analysis is an essential part of any business or marketing plan. It allows you to create a plan of action based not on what you’re interested in doing or on your gut-feel, but what you need to do given the opportunities presented to you in your marketplace. It considers your capabilities for marketing against competitors plus looks at opportunities.
The example below shows how it reviews not only the situation in internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats around the edge, but also shows 4 box for creating strategies to succeed in the marketplace.
Make sure your SWOT or SWOTs are:
- Based on existing SWOT for the business.
- Uses a TOWs matrix approach.
for digital marketing channel. specific
- Considers key digital marketing activities.
- Have further details on specific markets as required by the size of the company.
- Include both external factors and internal digital capabilities.
The SWOT analysis will give you the strategic view of the main opportunities and challenges available from online marketing. The high-level view will help you see the most important issues which need to be managed for your online success.